Friday, December 14, 2018

Front cover creation

What was the task you were assigned?
The task we were assigned was to create our own Daily Mail front cover and we had to base our creation on one of the past Daily Mail ones.

What programme did you use to complete your task? 
We were assigned to make it on Publisher and in A3 size.

What tools did you use from your programme to create your task ie font websites, crop, colour changes etc?
From Publisher, I used things like: shapes, crop, copy and paste and also font websites.

What were the biggest obstacles to completing your task?
One of the biggest obstacles when completing this work, for me, was trying to keep my creation close to the original idea for a Daily Mail cover. To begin with, I didn't base my creation on any one front cover and I made it up. Therefore, when I started again, I picked a front cover to base my ideas off of and so the outcome was a lot better than it would have originally been. 

Describe your production and why you chose the various text headings and images?

I chose the font of georgia from Publisher as it was fairly similar to the typical font used in the real Daily Mail. More fonts that i used were: Berlin Sans FB Demi, Britannic Bold, Bernard MT Condensed and Calibri. 

What was your initial feedback? What did others say about your production?



Identify what went well and with hindsight what would you do differently?

My written text that I made up went very well as I am an opinionated person and so I found it fairly easy to be able to. However, if I had to do it again, I would focus more on my layout rather than putting too much of my attention onto the information and content that I use. 





















THE NEWSPAPER ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE IS THE FRONT COVER THAT I CHOSE TO BASE MY CREATION ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jean Baudrillard - Post Modernism theory + application of usefulness

Baudrillard's theory: - The idea that in postmodern culture, the boundaries between the 'real' world and the world of the medi...